I don't know whether you can see from the picture above but the lily leaves have been got at by the Lily Beetle. It is a beautiful red colour, only small, but deadly to the lily. It can decimate a lily plant given the chance. The only thing to do is be vigilant and pick them off and destroy them. So far I have found four, but I expect there to be more. Some years you don't get any at all - unfortunately we are of on holiday soon so there will probably be nothing left of lilies by the time we come back. Oh well you can't win em all.