Greenhouse - Mission Accomplished
Mission Impossible has now become Mission Accomplished.
The beloved made a start by making more mess and shifting everything to one side - and the glass was washed, inside and out, and the moss removed from inbetween the panes of glass. The moss is a pain as it pushes the glass out so that it leaks. Then today we finished the job between us by cleaning the back of the greenhouse and clearing the work bench, disinfecting, getting rid of lots of rubbish, and putting everything back neatly. Voila! Now I can get down to the real business of seed-sowing, instead of trying to find a bit of space. We didn't bother cleaning the roof because we cover it with Cool Glass as the weather gets warmer, so that the plants don't get scorched.
I am always on the look out for practical containers to keep my seed packets in. The large packets of peas and beans are kept in a shoe box, the veg seeds in a flip-top filing box and the flower seeds in a margarine carton. They are all fine - just not very nice to look at. I still wanted something to put my home-saved seed in - and the other day in a charity shop, I found this:-
You know how it is - you need a lettuce for your lunchtime salad and you can't be bothered putting your wellies on when you go and fetch it - well, here is a solution - backdoor shoes:-