Saturday 4 May 2024

Something about a Saturday

 

It seems I have reverted to type.  Looking back to when I began blogging back in 2011 I posted every day with one picture and a short paragraph and I wrote in just the same way - I recognised myself even though it was 13 years ago. Looking through photos I found one of me walking in the woods in 1986 and I didn’t recognise myself 38 years passing is a long time so I am bound to have changed but it still comes a shock. So today - usual visit to the local Co-op for weekend provisions and potting compost.  Then back and into the garden - lots to do and making the most of a fine dry day.  Spend time pulling out ox eye daisies that had seeded everywhere and not in the right places but for everyone I pulled out I released an ants nest so got bitten a lot the ground is infested with them.  Erected the bean canes ready for the runner beans and climbing French beans just need to add manure. Earthed up the potatoes for the first time but kept the cloches over them in case of frosts. By this time my energy levels were low so I came in for a rest. But it was such a nice day it seemed a shame to be in so I took my book and a cup of tea and sat at the top of the garden for a while. Jacket potatoes and bbq chicken for tea. Watched Endeavour then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment