Sunday 31 March 2024

Sombre Sunday

 

Easter Sunday doesn’t mean a lot to me as I’m not religious and a don’t like chocolate and I don’t see what bunnies and chicks have to do with Easter anyway.  Me grumpy - never, just being honest.  An uneventful day as it was so miserable out -didn’t sleep well last night woke at some unearthly hour so felt tired all day and kept wanting to nap - well I did nap at least three times - ridiculous but I must have needed it.  Did a little head planning for the garden - where I’m going to put stuff in the veg garden and will I erect my greenhouse type cloche again this year - decisions decisions.

Couldn’t settle to read any of my new books so took one from the shelves that I’ve had for some time - love the front cover with that little face as though peeping through a little window in a door and the name Coriander appeals - the blurb reads:
I am Coriander Hobie
I was born in the year of our lord 1643 … that was before I knew this world had such evil in it and that my fate was to be locked in a chest and left to die … this is my story … this is my life. Set in London at the time of the Civil War.
A fairytale for our times - supposedly a children’s book but it sounds pretty dark.
Lamb steaks with new potatoes and psb from the garden for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment