Friday 26 April 2024

That Friday Feeling

 

After weeks of waiting I finally had a good day in the garden - the wind has dropped and even though the morning was frosty the wind chill had gone.  I decided to get on with sorting the container garden - planted up new plants got rid of dead or unproductive plants topped up the compost in the pots and gave everything a good water as the pots were really dry. Then I set to and pulled out all the bulbs that had gone over so I could use the pots for summer plants. Very tired after all that but I’m happy it’s done now.  The grass got cut too but the edges will have to wait till tomorrow.  We had a visit from the chimney sweep during the morning so that’s another job ticked off the list. Home made fish and chips with mushy peas and pickled onions for tea.  Watching Beyond Paradise and Shetland  this evening on the tv - then bedtime

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you are back. Some in my little garden community gravitated to IG and I did so too, but there is something more satisfying when reading a nicely written blog post. I always enjoyed your blog. As I look at my list of those who are still posting, I am encouraged to maybe start mine up again. I keep up my dollhouse blog with regularity, so maybe here, too. Always a joy to "see" you, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann - I didn’t know whether I would continue after such a long break but after a shaky start I am quite enjoying writing it before I go to bed on a daily basis which I never did before it helps me to consider my life and appreciate what I have - I don’t have time to follow others like I used to Instagram is a lot quicker to see what’s going on

    ReplyDelete