rambling on about . . . my novel writing journey . . . day four

 

DAY FOUR - MONDAY

Words written today:  1758

Total words written:  7840

Words remaining:  42,160

Days remaining:  27

 During the month of November, whilst I am joining in with The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) attempting to write a 50,000 word draft novel, I will be posting about my progress (or not) every day.  I have removed the comment box so as not to have too many distractions, but will switch it back on again at the end of the month, when, hopefully, I will have completed my mission.

Writing will mend something broken inside you or bring something back to life.

After my writing session last night I went straight to bed.  All the concentrating and staring at a screen is very tiring.  I slept like a baby and dreamed vivid dreams – in fact, I dreamed a whole storyline.  This morning it had all vanished with only a trace left behind.  Darn – why does that always happen?  After such a busy night of dreaming I felt wrecked when I eventually woke so I took myself out for a briskish walk in the early morning sun, thinking about how I would carry on my story.  This writing lark is taking over my every waking, and now, sleeping moment, there seems to be no room for anything else as I obsess about words and finding the right way of joining them together to make a decent sentence.  Onwards and upwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the rise of the apple and the fall of the oak ...

Down to Earth ...

the sweet calm sunshine of September ...