Sunday 21 April 2024

It’s Sunday Again

 

The early tulips have finished and I have moved the pots off the deck into their summer quarters while the plants die back then I can decide whether to keep the bulbs till next year if they are big enough.  The later ones by the greenhouse are still going strong - the parrot type have still to bloom. I can’t decide what to replace them with yet.  The garden itself is transformative and lush in the woodland part as shown above I have Welsh poppies, self seeders, but I seem to have lost quite a few aquilegia - but I guess they have a lifespan like anything else.

Found a good series to watch on the channel 4 iPlayer if that’s what it is called based on an island I thought Denmark but could be Germany because Berlin is mentioned a lot anyway it’s subtitled - called Sloborn about a deadly flu-like epidemic caused by pigeons - sounds ridiculous but a bit like bird flu affecting humans - this first series is dealing with all the characters involved - but they are beginning to drop like flies.  You may think I have a morbid interest in these apocalyptic dramas - considering we have been through a pandemic - I honestly don’t know why they fascinate me so much - I guess it’s all about survival.


4 comments:

  1. Aquilegias self seed all over our garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but I seem to have lost quite a few older plants

      Delete
  2. Its fun to see your country

    ReplyDelete