"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Early Morning Mushroom Ramble

The best morning of the year so far I reckon, bright warm sunshine and heavy dew, just a hazy mist - so I decided to go for an early morning ramble to look for Field Mushrooms.  By 7.30 I was up and running, well not quite running, but you know what I mean.  I didn't have to look too far - the horsey field next door to ours was full of them, glinting white in the early morning sun.  I came back home with a good haul, and excited by this I went into the field behind our house to check that out as well.  Only  a few Horse Mushrooms I'm afraid - and they were fairly old. 

Once I start mushrooming I tend to get a little greedy for more, as (I may have mentioned before) they really are my favourite free food.  So if the weather holds, I shall be out again tomorrow - before anyone else cottons on.
Mushrooms on toast here we come!
Pop over to my other blog http://elaineintheslowlane.blogspot.com/
to see more about the fungi I found whilst on holiday.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I went to a Mushroom Festival at the weekend which has helped me identify a few more. I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to refresh myself on an id course, even them I'm a wimp with picking them. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becc - they really were yummo

    Bridget - I do have trouble matching up what I find with what they look like in books - having them identified in real life would be just the thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm far too much of a scaredy-cat to attempt mushroom identification, so will have to make do with being impressed from a distance, rather than attempting to emulate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, does that sound like the perfect late night snack (it's just before ten here). I may have to go mushrooming myself... though not as exotically as you, I'll just be popping into the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete

Before you go do leave a comment I love to hear from you and will visit your blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...