rambling on about … my novel writing journey … day fifteen

 

DAY FIFTEEN- FRIDAY 

Words written today – 2,056

Total words written – 30,854

Words remaining – 19,146

Days remaining – 16

Well sometimes...other times it's like heaven.  --Laura Davis & The Writer's Journey www.lauradavis.net

This week has flown by.  After a shakey start my confidence returned and I have been averaging about 2,000 words a day, regardless of my despair at the beginning of the week I have stuck at it because I don’t want to fail – it is important to me to finish this project.  When it is over I have realised that I need to practice story writing more, even if it is only short stories – I have found my weak spots over the last couple of weeks, things that I really need to work on.  I also want to study some of my favourite books and see how they have been put together, and what it is about them that I enjoy.  I want to write a book that I would enjoy reading.  I read all the time, most of the books are average, but somewhere in all the dross a little gem pops up that captures my imagination – that is what I am aiming for – a dramatic and lyrical novel.  Maybe I won’t achieve it this time – who am I kidding – I definitely won’t – but maybe one day.

Onwards and upwards!

During the month of November, whilst I am joining in with The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) attempting to write a 50,000 word draft novel, I will be posting about my progress (or not) every day.  I have removed the comment box so as not to have too many distractions, but will switch it back on again at the end of the month, when, hopefully, I will have completed my mission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the rise of the apple and the fall of the oak ...

Down to Earth ...

the sweet calm sunshine of September ...