rambling on about … my novel writing journey … day seventeen

 

DAY SEVENTEEN - SUNDAY

Words written today – 2,019

Total words written – 35,265

Words remaining – 14,735

Days remaining – 14

Writing Quote by Roald Dahl

I didn’t feel much like writing today.  I have had a busy weekend and worn myself out but if you miss a day it means there is a helluva lot of catching up to do, so I left the warmth of the fire and made my weary way upstairs and forced myself to switch the computer on and have managed another 2,000 words.  This morning I was laying in bed in that half-sleeping, half-waking state and decided  that I wasn’t going to end the novel the way I had planned originally, but I still have another fourteen thousand or so words to go before I reach that point.  If things go as well as they have been I should finish in another week, but I do need some good plot ideas to keep the story from becoming too predictable.  Come on brain – start earning your keep and come up with something original for the next part of the story – not tonight though, I am just too tired to think any more.

Onwards and upwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the rise of the apple and the fall of the oak ...

Down to Earth ...

the sweet calm sunshine of September ...