Thursday 7 November 2013

rambling on about …my novel writing journey …day seven

 

DAY 7 - THURSDAY

Words written today – 2,149

Total words written – 13,530

Words remaining – 36,470

Days remaining – 24

During the month of November, whilst I am joining in with The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) attempting to write a 50,000 word draft novel, I will be posting about my progress (or not) every day.  I have removed the comment box so as not to have too many distractions, but will switch it back on again at the end of the month, when, hopefully, I will have completed my mission. 

"All writing problems are psychological problems. Blocks usually stem from the fear of being judged. If you imagine the world listening, you'll never write a line. That's why privacy is so important. You should write first drafts as if they will never be shown to anyone." - Erica Jong

The best thing about finishing the days writing quota is doing the word count and logging in at the NaNoWriMo site to register the days work.  Then printing out the pages you have typed you re-read what has been written, maybe it’s not as bad as you thought – it may not be perfect, it wasn’t meant to be, it is, after all, a rough draft.  Then as you slip the pages into the folder you allow yourself a small smile and do it all over again tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment