Saturday 23 March 2024

Something about a Saturday

 

We’ve had all four seasons in one day today - wind rain sun and hail - very changeable. It that’s March for you.  Went to the local co-op to get something for Sunday lunch and some fresh bread  - picked up a pot of white hyacinth in the reduced section which were perfectly alright and which I shall plant out when they have finished flowering. Popped into the library to see what they had sometimes they have book sales if you’re lucky 10p a book usually but not today - it’s always bustling in there - run by volunteers now with tea and coffee and cakes and competitions for the kids and demonstrations - not so much a library any more as a community centre.  Anyway I picked up a book I had read before but enjoyed so I took it out again also because I love the book cover. On Thursday I found a nice frame in a charity shop that I wanted because I had found a nice print in an old catalogue that I wanted to frame - a simple serene scene of a house by a Scottish loch which really appealed. I had to cut it down to fit but I’m happy with the result.





1 comment:

  1. Your blog is a beacon of wisdom and a guide in uncertain times. Share and discover user-generated content related to Aviator on our blog.

    ReplyDelete