Tuesday 26 March 2024

Tuesday Things

 

Today was a good day.  The morning was sunny and bright and very springlike.  We went grocery shopping - I spent more than I intended as I stocked up for the freezer - I also bought a garden trough container for my strawberry plants and a grandiflora pelargonium for summer plus some birthday wrapping paper - so they bumped the bill up a bit.  When we got home the postman had been with a book delivery from World of Books - yes I know I don’t need any more books - don’t judge me.

After lunch I did some gardening, proper gardening, as the weather was so nice.  Topped up the soil on my container plants - repotted one or two then I planted by potatoes which had chitted really well - Easter is the time for planting earlies - I had already manured the soil before winter so it was nice and crumbly - three rows of five in holes about a foot apart, then I cloched
 them to keep the cats and frost off. Pulled up the remains of cabbage plants and weeded one of the veg beds - my energy was dipping and after clearing everything away went in for a cuppa - by then the sun had gone in and it was a little chilly. But I’ve made a good start so I was pleased .

Watched a film Wind River in the evening which was excellent lots of people shooting each other a bit like gunfight at the OK Corral only in modern times.
Lasagne and a bit of salad for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment