Wednesday 27 March 2024

Windy wednesday


 A funny sort of a day - very windy and a bit chilly - some sun some rain and a rainbow

Spent some time in the greenhouse repotting my strawberries and found out why they didn’t do very well last year - the pots were full of vine weevils - horrible little things.  So I ditched all the soil and replanted the leftover strawberries in the new trough- hoping they will do a bit better this year.

After lunch went over to see my friend as I usually do on a Wednesday only to find the house locked - her gardener was there and said she had been taken into hospital - she had had a fall and had a suspected broken rib as she fell against a pot by her back door - don’t know what’s happening now will have to see if she comes home tomorrow. The weather took a turn for the worse later on so I couldn’t do any more outside - unfortunately I sprained my wrist while digging my potato holes so that’s put paid to anything too physical.  Watched a couple of post-apocalypse shorts on the tube then prepared a shepherds pie for dinner.  D wanted to watch a sci-fi horror movie this evening Pitch Black we’ve seen it before but heyho sometimes you have to compromise.



No comments:

Post a Comment