Monday 29 April 2024

Monday Musings

 

It’s that time again 10.15pm and I’m ready for bed - I can’t stay up late any more - I’m an early to bed early to rise person now.  It’s been a day - started off nice and bright and windy but soon dulled - I did the laundry but it looked so much like rain that I didn’t hang it out but the rain never developed.  Did a bit of vacuuming and dusting and cleaned the bathroom.  The boiler man was meant to arrive about lunchtime had a quick ham and tomato roll whilst I was waiting by the time 3 o’clock arrived I rang him - he said he’d been delayed and would definitely be here by 5 o’clock by 6.30 I had prepared dinner - a shepherds pie and put in the bottom of the oven so it didn’t brown too quick- then he turned up - I can understand why he was late he’s such a talker and loves a conversation with all his customers but he can’t seem to work and talk at the same time.  Anyway he knew straight away what was wrong with the boiler - it was the coil apparently which cost me £100 it should have been £110 but I said I deserved a discount as I’d been kept waiting all day. So now the house is warm again and I can put away the electric heaters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment