Sunday 7 April 2024

Stormy Sunday

 

Storm Kathleen has been blowing a  hoolie these last couple of days - winds strong enough to batter fish. So working outside was a little unpleasant and although there are loads of jobs to do they didn’t get done.  

I pulled out an old painting that I tried to improve but I just made it worse so now it’s in the waste paper bin.  But I did find a couple of drawings that I did a few years ago copied from a book - that I thought I might colour in with coloured pencils - just to keep my creativity ticking over.  Discovered Word Search competitions in the morning paper and I have finished three successfully - I would be £15,000 richer now if I had sent them in along with thousands of other people.  


I also framed a portrait I did a few years ago - no one in particular but I call her the blue lady although she doesn’t look blue in this photograph - she now stares at me from the bookshelves while I’m in bed - she is the result of me trying to keep my painting fluid and loose - I can’t quite work out what her expression is - sad or contemplative maybe - I shall probably un frame her when I get fed up of her looking at me



No comments:

Post a Comment