Tuesday 7 May 2024

Tuesday Things

 

A busy busy day. First shopping, grocery shopping at Lidl. On the way out I noticed there were a couple of veggie boxes which are sold for £1.50 in it were 8 baking potatoes tomatoes green beans a swede chillies bananas and a sweet pepper - all in good condition and £1.50 the lot - now that really is what I call a bargain. So this afternoon I made banana bread - it’s ages since I baked anything.  It turned out really well. Before that mowed the front lawn and trimmed the edges. Cheese on toast for lunch and lasagne for tea. Shetland and Red Eye on tv in the evening. Ready for bed.



2 comments:

  1. You are so right: no super market bargains here for sure. I don't know how it is in England, but here we have runaway inflation. The banana bread looks tempting and worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grocery prices are stratospheric here. Banana bread very eatablenice and moist and yes worth the effort

    ReplyDelete